Something was telling me that the z18 was never meant to be, and quicker then i could get the 180 home, the z18 was sitting on the garage floor.
With a demo saw in hand, i cut the sr out of the wreck and set about giving it a clean up. Unfortunately this is when i found the damaged turbo. The accident must have cracked the housing and sent bits of airbox through the impellar. Luckily, rest of the motor seemed untouched and so couple of cans of degreaser later and some new gaskets, it was ready for the transplant.
After playing with turbo cars for a while now.. i decided that i would focus on keeping this one responsive. I replaced the turbo with a stock t25g and reworked the intercooler piping to offer the shortest path of travel. With an avcr to control and build boost and tuned headers with 3" exhaust, im hoping to see boost levels rise rather quickly
With the help of some more datsport goodies, the motor slipped in without a major hitch. Although i must comment on how hard it is going to be if i ever have to change a heater hose. My new radiator was modified to suit
and a couple of days of wiring saw the motor ready for firing.