Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:03 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:31 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Hi one and all. Some one may have had similar problems here Re-- I had the bumpers rechromed (6 months wait).Left them wrapped up after pick up,went to fit them and found the inside surface had some heavy blisters of rust plus plenty of general rust pitting. the outer chrome surface seems good . Took the bumpers back to the plating shop they said just knock the blisters off and treat the surfaces then paint. I sure was not expecting to have to do this. I knew if I Knocked these blisters of rust off there would not be much metal left and sure enough holes appeared. Does anyone know how I can repair these holes ? or is it a case of another $400 dollars for a weld up and rechrome ? In hindsight I should have got the inside surface blasted prior to chroming, however, I assumed the platers would have called me if there was problems, not just go ahead and chrome and leave the inside surface to chance.
Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:37 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Sorry to hear that has happened however, I think you've answered your own question.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:48 pm 

Probably should of just brought brand new re-makes