Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Reproduction body panels
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:18 pm 

Has anyone used any of the repro 1600 body parts that are available now (such as you might find on eBay)

Which ones did you use and what did you think of them?

Goes for whole panels and rust repair sections.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:12 pm 

Hey mate how r u. I have used the reproduction bonnet, sills, gutters, tail light, beaver panel and lower rear quarter panels and 1 floor section. All were excellent. We're very easily fitted and we're not warped or anything. I have 2 brand new sill sections and the whole floor pan (the 4 square wells) if your interested. Bought extra but didn't end up using them if your interested. Will sell Em for pretty cheap.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:48 pm 

Who did you buy all your panels through?

Did the whole panels (eg bonnet, guards) fit well? Good panel gaps etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:55 pm 

Bonnet fit perfectly. Didn't buy any guards because mine were fine. Tail Light panels and rear valance were excellent. I just bought mine from ebay. If your interested I have some extras.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:37 am 

From what I have seen the guards need some panelbeating to fit where they meet up to the front valance OR the inner section where they bolt behind the stainless eyelet trim to the front radiator support. Don't take this as gospel, I have only seen a few pictures and been told by a few guys who have bought them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:06 pm 

Rear guards need work to fit on 1600's. The main body line is to wide and the lines to the beaver are wrong. I rework the lines to the beaver. I have cut the guards in half to overcome the main body line issue. Sill panels need a bit of work as well. I think the tail light holes might need re working on the beaver.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:25 pm 

Update on reproduction quarter panels. They need heaps of work to make fit. Dont know if it is just this panel, or if they are all the same.