Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:56 pm 

My son has just purchased a 1980 280C.He lowered the drivers window this afternoon but it won't go back up. All other windows work fine, both from controller at drivers door and switch at each individual door.
I can hear a click at the regulator (?), the box near the door handle, between the switch and the motor, when the switch is activated but no motion. I had a look inside the regulator and it appeared very corroded and wires look broken. I assume that is the issue.
Where can we source this part? Is there an alternative part? Is it possible to somehow raise the window manually whilst a repair is found?
I believe the part number is 28515V0100 but not much luck searching online.
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:38 pm 
Guru

Try spraying all the electrical parts in the door with a quality contact cleaner and lubricant.
Barring broken wires it just may get things working again :idea:

graemes@internode.on.net

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:55 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

It might just be stuck. As you operate the switch try and help lift the glass to free it.
I think Nisswreck here in Adelaide are wrecking a 280c at the moment if you need parts...

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:24 pm 

I've investigated further, although yet to do some testing, and the box with part number 28515V0100, which I believe I mistakenly called a regulator, definitely has broken wires and completed corroded diodes. I believe that this box controls the "auto" or "1-touch" up/down for the window. Both window switches go to this control box and then to the window motor.
I'll try to contact Nisswreck for a quote for that part. In the meantime, I have disconnected the lifting mechanism (regulator?), manually raised the window and made some hooks to hold the window up.