Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:18 pm 
hey mate i got a stanza too and mine got an FJ20ET conversion two years ago and the standard diff has only just held on till now

it is in the shop getting a borg warner lsd diff in it at the moment...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:10 pm 

A Gazelle diff will bolt straight in, whereas a s3 bluebird you need to weld on pickup points on diff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:57 pm 

Here you go Sean....

I thought this would be due, alot know it needs to be done but dont know how to do it!

You need to get yourself a H190 housing from a gazelle, everything bolts up, except the lower trailing arm brackets are not quite the same, you can see this when you have the gazelle rear end and the original stanza rear end on the ground togeather.
I picked the brackets of the stanza rear end and welded them in place of the H190 lower brackets, this also puts the lower shock mount in the original position (it is about 30mm inwards on the standard gazelle mounts)
Alot of people try and modify the trailing arms (eg bending or cutting and rewelding), i dislike this method as it still stresses the bushes and the arms themself. Another method is to use the original gazelle brackets, cut them off and reweld them in the right position. (taking stress of the bush)

What needs to be done can easily be seen with both rear ends out on the ground!
This whole method applies for a Sunny too!
I will get pics but dont expect them for ATLEAST 8 or 9 months

Basicly the whole reason for doing this is to take the stress of the arm and bush, otherwise it all fits up fine!
NOTE: The upper trailing arm mounts are fine!

Next its up to you to decide brakes, BB rear discs are easyest and basicly bolt on, but are heavy! With a bit more fidling there is better to be had!

Sean