Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:58 am 

Hello all,
I'm new here and in Oklahoma US. Recently acquired a 320 pickup and first on the agenda is getting the motore out and dismantled for a rebuild. I've acquired some of the needed parts and still looking for more. Seems the E1 stuff is getting a bit hard to come by. I'll have a ton of questions for the members here as I get further into this little animal. Just joined and don't know if or how to put photos in the posts here yet. Maybe this link will afford a peek at the little pickup:

http://tinyurl.com/mnlu3ho

Alright, the reason for the post. I've read that the 5-speed trans from the 210 with the A-series engine will mount behind the E-series engine in the 320 pickup and I'm considering this swap. I want to retain the E1 as it is the original motore. Does anyone on the forum here have experience with this pairing? Next big question is, if this will work, what clutch/pressure plate/throw-out bearing should be used?

I have more questions, but I'll do another post. Thanks in advance.

Steve