Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:49 pm 

sorry if this has been asked before but are L16 and L20b stock exhaust manifolds the same?

can't seem to find an L20b one anywhere but I can get a 1600 one , I know the gaskets are the same but not sure about the manifolds

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
exhaust manifold.jpg [ 234.69 KiB | Viewed 1237 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:35 am 

I believe there is a difference. Both bolt to the head with the same manifold gasket but the L20b has larger ports for the flange gasket. I bought a flange gasket for my L16 manifold on an L20B engine and the guy told me the 200B exhaust manifolds have larger ports and showed me the 200B flange gasket to compare. I previously ran cheap extractors on my old L series engine. Came across an old post from Baz at Datsport saying extractors, especially generic ones, are useless on engines under 170HP. Now I run factory exhaust manifold into a 2 inch system. I'm now trying to identify what each manifold looks like. Mine looks like the one you pictured. I have another with a threaded external port (possibly emissions) which I think came off an L20b. Maybe someone who knows more can fill us in