Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:33 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:56 am 

Hi guys
just recently got a 1980 datsun 720 kingcab and love it. now i want to upgrade the donk with some japanese turbo love :) i did a 1ggte into a h2wd hilux afew years ago and it was mostly a pain in the butt.
what im wanting to know with this conversion is mostly fitment into the current chassis.

Q1. From what i have been told i can use the existing 5 speed box and use a CA bellhousing?? what about flywheel and clutch

Q2. engine mounts - will these need to be fab'd up or can a combination of L18 and ca18 mounts be used and bolt up ok? also will the engine mounts be in the correct location or will the chassis mounts need to be cut and rewelded?

Q3. carbi tank -> efi | is there anything out there that might be a close changover to replace the current tank with an EFI one? (did use a surge tank on the hilux conversion with an intank pump feeding it then an external VL pump from it... didnt like that setup though)

Q4. i did read in one online forum (http://community.ratsun.net/topic/24663 ... n-ca18det/) that the sump needed to be modified to fit as it may hit the steering links. anymore info on this? (again had to do this when doing the hilux one, didnt know until i put the engine in. so knowing this before hand will speed things up)

thats really all i can think of at the moment. everyhting else like wiring and plumbing is fine i'll work them out just really wanted to know those things before i started so i can prepare before starting it.. would love to get everything i needed and smash it out in a weekend :)

Thanks in advance

Curtis