Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:00 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Nissan B15 Problem
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:37 am 

HI,

I know this is very long but i am trying to be as detailed as possible, as this problem has been irking me for some time now.I recently took my fiance's B15 to rebuild the transmission as on mornings, when the car is cold, it would need to heat up and build pressure so that the gear would go in. This would normally take about 10 to 15 minutes of heating up before the gear would actually go in.We took the car to a reputable transmission mechanic in Ramai trace and asked him if we should rebuild or just swap out a foreign used transmission. We were advised to rebuild the transmission as "these transmissions don't normally give no problems". We gave him the car and he rebuilt the transmission and the problem of the car taking so long to heat up on mornings was gone. (the bill was a whopping 3800, but we thought our problems had been solved so we didn't mind)So, after driving the car for a week, a new problem surfaced. When the car reaches about 30 to 50 kmph the car revs off with no acceleration and after a second or two then the gear goes in. Sometimes the gear would slam in. This problem happens sometimes not everyday. We took it back to the mechanic he said "what he fix in the transmission is good and that would give no problem" he advised that after re scanning the car he sees no problems and he kept it for a couple days with no indication of the problem. He then advised that it "could be" the sensor, the throttle body, something shorting or "Problem X that will always give that trouble" (I don't know if anyone buys or fixes a car with the expectation that it will always give trouble)Nevertheless, we serviced the throttle body, then eventually replaced the electrical part of the throttle body (as he mentioned the shorting) changed the sensor. The problem still exists.We took it to another transmission mechanic, he changed the solenoids for the 2nd gear and the entire valve body, and still we are having this problem. This mechanic said the only thing left to change is the computer given all that we have done so far.I am kinda skeptical that this may actually work, but nevertheless after all these parts and changes we still have this problem. Has anyone had this problem and knows the fix given all that has been done with the car?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://www.trinituner.com/v4/forums/vi ... 1&t=667644
Motion graphics animation studio

Thanks!