Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:20 pm 

That's got nothing to do with club permits. Thats adrs

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:03 pm 

I think this is a good thing, should get rid of a lot of the dodgy non engineered vehicles that are currently running around on the CPS.

Will be very interesting to see how clubs that have a lot of highly modified non engineered vehicles deal with the change to the system.
Guessing they will have to make some changes to be sure that the club stays part of the CPS

RWC is great too, takes all liability for cars coming on to the scheme away from the club.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:26 am 

I agree, I think RWC as a requirement is a very good idea.

1971 Datsun 1600
2019 Mazda 6 Touring Wagon
2009 Holden SV6 Sedan

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:05 am 

I personally don't agree as a lot or rwc guys are milking it from my ecperience.
I know its their livelihoods and stuff but being knocked back for not enough washer fluid in a resivour or need new wiper blades, surely theu could top it up or replace the blades while they are at it.

I know they find it onerous with the new record keeping requirements too.
Nanny state. Cars are dangerous and implementing a lot of this stuff wont bring down the toll much lower.
I know it could be one of our loved ones but accidents are accidents and most responsible enthusiasts on the scheme will have a car in condition which would be safe

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:09 am 

What about the classic 'sandblasted windscreen - needs replacement'.

What's a roady worth these days, now that they need to take photos and all that?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:42 am 

unfamilia wrote:
I personally don't agree as a lot or rwc guys are milking it from my ecperience.
I know its their livelihoods and stuff but being knocked back for not enough washer fluid in a resivour or need new wiper blades, surely theu could top it up or replace the blades while they are at it.

Nanny state. Cars are dangerous and implementing a lot of this stuff wont bring down the toll much lower.
I know it could be one of our loved ones but accidents are accidents and most responsible enthusiasts on the scheme will have a car in condition which would be safe
I've got mates who are/have been in the trade as well and I know a lot of dodgy stuff goes on. But at least if the RWC is a requirement it absolves the clubs from any penalties or indictments if the car gets in a prang or is a death trap. That's where the need for it would be. Nanny state is a whole different issue I reckon

The problem is that while most enthusiasts are very conscious of keeping their cars safe the laws need to apply from the lowest common denominator upwards i.e. the dickheads that register some clapped out Falcodore to save a few bucks when in reality the car should be crushed into a cube.

1971 Datsun 1600
2019 Mazda 6 Touring Wagon
2009 Holden SV6 Sedan

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:00 pm 

unfamilia wrote:

That's bullshit, if you are slack enough to turn up for a rwc test with an empty washer bottle or **** wiper blades you deserve to be failed

Sure they can replace/refill them but they need your authorisation to do it because most people would not be happy to turn up to pick up there car to find out work has been done without their permission.

As for the sandblasted windscreen, if you know it is fine challenge them on it. Part of the reason for the photo's is greater accountability for the rwc tester. If they are being dodgy call them on it and tell them you are going to get Vicroads involved.

Last RWC I got was about $150 about 18 months ago. The mechanic was very reasonable and only found 1 genuine fault which I repaired myself.

As for saying you may as well go full reg, if you want to use your car more than 90 days a year go for it. Otherwise club permit will still save you ~$600 a year over full reg plus the savings on insurance costs.

Requiring a RWC can only be a good thing for the longevity of the CPS.

If you really want to have a classic to enjoy and modify you should want it to be roadworthy anyway.

And if VSI8 is enforced expect almost everything to need a VASS certificate. Even bolt on brake/strut upgrades will need engineers certification

Also there is a rumor that there will be a purge of the pop up clubs with less than 30 members to reduce administration requirements, anyone hear anything regarding that?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:52 pm 

I'm all for them doing whatever they have to do to keep this scheme going and running efficiently. I do get annoyed when I hear of people screwing the system, like pop up clubs that will put anything on club reg in exchange for cash, only because I would hate for it to be removed all together because of people abusing it.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:24 pm 

I am the secretary of what you may term a pop up club. We are under a year old and have about 15 members so far. Of these only 7 are using the cps at this stage although the rest have project cars. I started the club because I wanted to be in a club with my mates but we all drive different cars and most other clubs are quite prescriptive about makes and models. We have real club events that have been well attended. I don't see why this is less legitimate than any other club, although presumably mine may be one of the clubs Vicroads would rather see the back of. We'll see I guess.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:27 pm 

I wasn't referring to any and every new club, I just meant the guys that are creating clubs solely to get cars on club rego the dodgy way. I've heard of guys not even looking at peoples cars, just hand over some cash and they'll sign your form.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:21 pm 

[quote="turbo510"][quote="unfamilia"]I personally don't agree as a lot or rwc guys are milking it from my ecperience.

I know it could be one of our loved ones but accidents are accidents and most responsible enthusiasts on the scheme will have a car in condition which would be safe[/quote]

That's bullshit, if you are slack enough to turn up for a rwc test with an empty washer bottle or **** wiper blades you deserve to be failed

Sure they can replace/refill them but they need your authorisation to do it because most people would not be happy to turn up to pick up there car to find out work has been done without their permission.

As for the sandblasted windscreen, if you know it is fine challenge them on it. Part of the reason for the photo's is greater accountability for the rwc tester. If they are being dodgy call them on it and tell them you are going to get Vicroads involved.

Last RWC I got was about $150 about 18 months ago. The mechanic was very reasonable and only found 1 genuine fault which I repaired myself.

As for saying you may as well go full reg, if you want to use your car more than 90 days a year go for it. Otherwise club permit will still save you ~$600 a year over full reg plus the savings on insurance costs.

Requiring a RWC can only be a good thing for the longevity of the CPS.

If you really want to have a classic to enjoy and modify you should want it to be roadworthy anyway.

And if VSI8 is enforced expect almost everything to need a VASS certificate. Even bolt on brake/strut upgrades will need engineers certification

Also there is a rumor that there will be a purge of the pop up clubs with less than 30 members to reduce administration requirements, anyone hear anything regarding that?[/quote]

washer bottle was half full and wiper blades 2 weeks old.
If thats all that he found he wasnt looking very hard at the car.

Anyway. Yes sandblasted windscreens bald tyres and poor wheel alignments and fraying seatbelts are a no no but the ammount 3 year okd cars I see with bald tyres and no pads left astounds me more on a school day than does the secretary signing off on legit cars on the permit scheme.

Anyway changes are coming and at least scheme is still running. Will just be a few hi po unregistetable cars coming up for sale soon.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:08 pm 

unfamilia wrote:

washer bottle was half full and wiper blades 2 weeks old.
If thats all that he found he wasnt looking very hard at the car.

Anyway. Yes sandblasted windscreens bald tyres and poor wheel alignments and fraying seatbelts are a no no but the ammount 3 year okd cars I see with bald tyres and no pads left astounds me more on a school day than does the secretary signing off on legit cars on the permit scheme.

Anyway changes are coming and at least scheme is still running. Will just be a few hi po unregistetable cars coming up for sale soon.
You should have challenged it then.

As for unregisterable cars, get your VASS certificate and it is not a problem. If we all have to go by VSI8 we will all need to get engineers for simple changes like overall wheel/tyre diameter increase/decrease of 15mm. So go to a 195/50/15 in replacement for your factory 13's and you will need to see an Engineer.

As for the pop up clubs, small clubs that are not accepting new members or are just for mates are exactly what they are looking at.

From what I have been told it is purely a logistic thing, the number of new pop up clubs is huge and it is becoming too much to manage.
By performing a simple cull of the smaller clubs which looks like it will be based on member numbers Vicroads reduces their workload.

As for the different cars argument, that simply does not wash as there are plenty of clubs that are not marque specific.

Good luck with it though, as with a lot of this stuff there are constant rumors and the percentage that prove true seems rather slim.

My club is 3 years old now and has over 50 members.

As soon as I hear anything from Vicroads I will be sure to share it with the forum.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:50 pm 

Lucky you can get 185 45 15 then too ;-)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:04 pm 

I sense abit of "getting all defensive" in your last post turbo510.

So your telling me, that vicroads wont be looking at the clubs that have over 1500 members with a large variety of different marques ranging across different types of machinary, including trucks, tractors etc?

Or the clubs that were formed by bikie "gangs" ?

Its going to very difficult to sort out what is what and who is who,
at the aomc meeting, they outlined what was next on vicroads agenda, one of those was looking at the deffinition of a "car club" and how and what makes them eligible for the CPS.

The joining of CPS into the norm Vicroads system will be interesting, I wonder if cars with previous defect history will get called out..

Anyway, everyone here knows as much as anyone else until clubs start informing there members of exact changes

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:22 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

[ img ]

The fleet:

Australia:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport - cruiser

Europe:
'93 200SX - CA18DET - tourer
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.