Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:25 pm 

FOR GODS SAKE ITS NOT A BARINA!!!!!!! Ive had my car on a weighbridge, it weighs like 782 kgs, that was before i got rid of the aircon and spare. Fast fours rated the G13B engine in the swift gti as the 8th best 4 cylinder engine ever produced. Ahead of the CA18 and A series datsun engines. Narrowly behind the 4AGE and EJ20 boxer.

And regardless of the dress sense of SOME people who drive these cars, that dosent take away from the actual car itself. I certianly have never and will never wear an XXXXX large shirt, or a hat sideways or backwards

Soapbox is now free

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:40 pm 
Old Digger

Fast fours is sh*t mate. I guess you dress like all the fake people in magazines as well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:52 pm 

Yep fast fours is sh#t house these days. Street machine is x1000 times better. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:37 pm 

Rat Dat wrote:
At least you'd probably mod yr car yrself and not buy it all modded with fully sick SR20 innit, then just chuck some seats in it and think you've done the whole car yrself. .
I really dont get this, why would anyone in their right mind pay $30k buying parts to do something themselves when they could pay $10k for the same thing that someone else has spent $30k on, and then change things to suit their taste? I have been a uni student for 4 years and am lucky that someone else decided to spend money on a car so I could buy it off them for a fraction of what it cost to build.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:13 pm 

i agree with tyrie. Regardless of whether or not the car is built by you or someone else it dosent matter that much. As long as you enjoy the car, and you can easily save thousands of dollars doing this.

And since when is street machine better than fast fours??? Thats FAST FOURS AND ROTARIES, definetley not ''hot 4's''. I dont know about you, but im just not interested in the 400hp 1800kg dinosuars with 80/20 weight distribution that street machine offers. I actually enjoy going fast. You know, in corners? Something a feature car from street machine will never, ever be able to do.

And if you class jeans and a t shirt as ''faker'' dress sense then you are the faker. Im no wog, i hate hoodies, collarless shirts and puma shoes. I wouldnt be caught dead in them.

The fact that the datsun L series engine was lacking from that list is probably what inspires your hate for a genuinely good magazine im guessing?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:47 pm 

first gen Rx7. Very capible cars, basic maintanance on a stock one, awsome handling and enough power to keep a p plater satisfied.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:10 pm 

James May wrote:
Tyrie wrote:
And I've driven a gemini therefore datsuns are crap. Sounds a bit stupid doesnt it?
Okay then. If I was to use a weak analogy to justify my opinion, I'd say that comparing a micra to either an Excel or Matiz works because it's like listening to Britney Spears and then saying Lady Gaga sucks. You've arrived at the correct conclusion via a somewhat complicated route.

And I'm a uni student who delivers pizza for s**t's sake, I can barely afford to run my car, let alone modify it.
LIES i earn $7 a hour and own 2 datsuns there not racing machines yet, but my $7 slowly gets them closer and closer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:39 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Motor wrote:
first gen Rx7. Very capible cars, basic maintanance on a stock one, awsome handling and enough power to keep a p plater satisfied.
I was actually planning on saying this :lol:

They're starting to get a bit pricey, for a really clean one at least, but you can still get a reasonably good one for about $4,000. The have an excellent weight distribution and handle really well, and with decent springs and wider tyres, you're laughing. Unless you can afford something like a VY Commodore they also about the fastest car a P-plater can legally drive.

The fleet:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating indefinitiely
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port, 4.375 LSD - daily (currently hibernating)
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport, 4.444 LSD - cruiser (also hibernating)
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:05 pm 

I drove a 5 series BMW today. It was by far the worst car I have ever driven. Slow, unresponsive and handled like a barge made out of lead.

You put your foot down on the throttle and then wait for 2 seconds while the ECU tries to work out what it should be doing. Eventually something happens and the car slowly starts moving. At one time I thought the handbrake was still on, but I realised you have to floor the throttle in order to get up a slight hill. Losing traction is impossible, it was raining and the road was quite wet and it wouldn't spin the wheels at all, which is great if you're an old man, but crap if you like to enjoy your driving.

Handling is sloppy at the best of times, the car weighs near on 1.6 tonnes and bodyroll is quite horrific. The ABS doesn't work either, a hard stab on the brake will lock the wheels and you will understeer, especially while conering on a downhill slope.

Compare all that to my 200B, which is more responsive, faster, better through the corners, cheaper and lots of fun in the wet, and winner is quite clear. I even drove an auto 200B wagon that was a more capable vehicle than that, and that really says a lot about how bad the BMW was.

And when did this thread become about fashion sense?

[ img ]
BM510 wrote:
I'm a driver.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:02 pm 

rx 7s are an awesome car, id love to own an atmo rotary one day. The fuel consumtion when you thrash it turns me off a little i must say...

Yeah bmw 5 series's ive heard from a lot of people are rubbish. The real james may dosent like em either..

Weight really does ruin a cars handling. Hence why most datsuns handle so well.

Lets have your thoughts on fashion sense james may :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:51 pm 

motagraff wrote:
rx 7s are an awesome car, id love to own an atmo rotary one day. The fuel consumtion when you thrash it turns me off a little I must say...

Yeah bmw 5 series's ive heard from a lot of people are rubbish. The real james may dosent like em either..

unmodified 12as are about as thirsty as a E series 4L falcon.

There really not all that bad. Its when you start porting them beyond an extended port that fuel consumption sky rockets!

Last edited by Motor on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:13 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Id go a old twin cam ae86 corolla/seca these things go hard and are bullet proof.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:50 pm 

whatsdoing wrote:
Id go a old twin cam ae86 corolla/seca these things go hard and are bullet proof.
+1 :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:24 pm 

Motor wrote:
motagraff wrote:
rx 7s are an awesome car, id love to own an atmo rotary one day. The fuel consumtion when you thrash it turns me off a little I must say...

unmodified 12a falcons are about as thirsty as a E series 4L falcon.

There really not all that bad. Its when you start porting them that fuel consumption sky rockets!
Don't you mean 12a RX-7's? Can't imagine an E series falcon with a 12a in it.

[ img ]
BM510 wrote:
I'm a driver.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:18 am 

there was a production run of holden statesmans with a 13b in it once... lol!

Yeah early rx7s are quite nice, very nearly bought my mates S1 GT, but went with a 240z instead! (another mate whom i bought the Z from, just bought an s2 super sedan with a 13b PP 55mm IDA fed)
My cuz has one (s3), with an injected 13B PP, 13000+rpm & >200rwkw = massive grin!!! (although fuel station time = massive frown)

'71 Datsun S30 240z
'87 Nissan Skyline R31 wagon
'97 Nissan Stagea RSfourV